In no particular order, I present to you, my Christmas wishes. : )
1)A new shower curtain. The cheap vinyl one I bought when we moved in has popped 4 of the “grommets” and is now basically useless. Modest is hottest and all.
2)A KitchenAid. Oh the cakes I could bake! Oh the cookies I would MAKE! : ) I’m supposed to be making 12 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange this weekend, but I’m putting it off. I keep thinking how much more excited I’d be about it if I had a mixer. I’ve only been wanting one for the last 8 years. At this rate, by the time I get one, I’ll have no kids around to tank up with warm cookies, and I’ll have to turn to fattening up my neighbors instead.
3)Fabulous black Sicily Boots by Duo. Le Sigh. Even when I’m “slim” I have calves that flout any attempt at wearing knee high boots- which are SO in vogue in my ward. Seriously, a cursory glance around the Relief Society room on Sundays reveals that a good 70% of female LDS feet are shod in beautiful, oh-so-vexing knee high boots. Duo Boots are made in the UK and come in custom calf widths, which means I could finally have a pair that fit over my very … muscular calves, but also means that they’re NOT cheap in any way. Well, a girl can dream.
4)If not Duo Boots, then fabulous black pumps to go with the fabulous black dress that I know Duke bought me for Christmas. The last pair I bought came from Wal-Mart, which probably explains why I haven’t worn heels in years. I’m actually quite excited about the idea of being glam-ish.
5)A new vacuum. Oi. Our vacuums last, on average, about 2 years. The latest one bit the dust-bunnies about 3 months ago, and it is SOOOO much fun to borrow my mom’s vacuum when sweeping the carpet has become completely ineffective.
6)A couple Love Sacs. I am so done with traditional furniture. : ) Perhaps, if I could get the kids to stop climbing over, jumping on, and sitting on the arm of the couch (and perhaps if we ever had new ones, rather than the trickle-down sets we end up with after my grandma and then my mom are done with them) couches my last longer around here. As grateful as I am for free furniture, we’re on the third couch of our married life, and I’m ready for it to be the last. At least until the kids are older. Plus, Love Sacs are much more mobile, which fits better with my obsessive need to move the furniture around every few weeks.
6)A tent. We are trying to focus on bulking up our emergency preparedness supplies this year. By “bulk up” I really mean “start from scratch”. : ) We’re truly pathetic, even the flashlights we DO own have dead batteries in them. So we’ve been buying bits and pieces here and there, but we are definitely lacking in the “emergency shelter” category.
7)Lastly, a Disneyland vacation with my funky monkeys. I have such wonderful kids, and they are so wonderfully crazy and fun and sweet and occasionally naughty. As much as I’ve been wanting to take an actual honeymoon with Duke, I desperately want to take the kids on a vacation. Jake and Aspen have been working really, really hard this year at school, and Spencer and Hannah have been so wonderful these last two months that I’ve been working. They all deserve a week of no chores, no homework and Mickey Mouse ears.
And that’s it. All my Christmas wishes. Even the impossible/unlikely ones. : ) And I’ll betcha every single thing I get under the tree will outshine every one of these. I’m expecting some awesome handmade gifts from Jake and Aspen. Those are my favorite. : )
Oh, wait, I forgot the Chia pet. I’ve been DYING for one of those.
No comments:
Post a Comment