So I haven't been blogging much lately, because there's not really anything new to say! lol The kids are all doing well and growing too fast. Duke says that we've got to stop feeding them so that they'll stop growing. lol This is not a popular idea. The weather's starting to get nice. Warm enough for short sleeves and shorts (in the afternoon) but not hot. I love it. Hayfever should be kicking in anyday, though, and then I'll be miserable. Duke's still loving his job, and he's getting ready to be promoted by the end of the month. School is definitely tougher than I thought it would be, but then, I knew my naivete wouldn't last very long. :) I've turned in a few papers in English and got them all back with A's on them, so that's pretty cool.
Duke's mom came up to visit us for a few days this month. It was sooooo awesome to see her and to get to spend time with her. I'm so glad that I have a mother-in-law that I get along with- I love love love her. She's such an awesome support. The kids had A BLAST spending time with her, too. She camped out in their bedroom and read stories to them and played candyland and introduced us all to popcorn with Hot Tamales in it. That stuff is surprisingly good. Honestly, I never wanted her to go. We keep hoping we'll get Duke's family up here closer to us. It would be nice to see them more often. Suffice it to say, we all miss Nanna Vi very much, and can't wait to see her and Papa Shane again when they come up for General Conference. Hopefully we'll be able to go down to Vegas for a bit this summer and see the whole clan.
Well, that's about it. I gotta plug Macey's new Fuel Rewards program while I'm online. It's GREAT! They've partnered with Flying J to give discounts on gas. The more you spend in groceries, the more you save on gas. Macey's is pretty good, as far as prices go, and Flying J is usually the least expensive gas within a 5 mile radius, already, so it feels like double savings! Today I picked up groceries for 2 weeks (I'd rather do one BIG shopping trip than several small ones), and next time I fill up at Flying J, I'll get 20 cents off every gallon!! I have a big tank, and I saved over 7 dollars last time. That really adds up!! So, if you haven't already, check it out. I'm pretty happy with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment